Take-away project for a "front-end" job interview
During my work at Supahands, I wrote a simple take-home project intended to assess candidates for the Front-end Developer job position.
I wanted to assess 3 main things :
- Skills: is the candidate able to write clear code to solve a simple problem ?
- Motivation: is the candidate ready to spend around 1 hour of work for us ?
- Autonomy: does the candidate ask relevant questions ?
I sent them an email :
I would like to challenge you with a small take-home project.
Build a simple web page displaying the data of this json file : restaurants.json
Display the content of the file in a table
- Add buttons to filter the list by type of cuisine
- Display the number of the restaurants displayed
- You can start with this jsfiddle.
Don't spend too much time, just do as much as you can :)
If you have any questions, let me know.
Good luck !
The jsfiddle already contains the structure of the html, because I believe anyone who can use jquery properly knows html.